Sunday, October 20, 2019

Free Divorce Lawyers

November 27, 2009  

Free Divorce Lawyers

Divorce can sometimes be the best last option in a bad marriage. However, getting a divorce is not an easy task. The procedure usually involves a lot of legal complexities relating to the custody of children, property, alimony, child support and other such issues. Letting a divorce lawyer deal with all such messy issues would be the best choice for either party.

Divorce lawyers are usually those lawyers that deal with the family law. They are specialized in all areas of family matters and can provide sound legal counsel when approached for the same. It is usual as well as safer for both the parties to use different divorce lawyers to deal with the proceedings and individual matters of both the parties separately. The divorce lawyers will provide excellent advice relating to the divorce proceedings and also other matters that might crop up later on after the divorce.

Checking through the yellow pages would also produce quite a list of all the lawyers practicing family law. However, getting a lawyer for free is another matter. Even the ones on the Internet tend to charge a nominal fee for the advice provided. Even with the Pro Se or the do it yourself divorces that usually do not require a lawyer, some charges would be applicable if a lawyer gets involved in the proceedings.

One sure way of getting free lawyers advice is through the talk shows on TV and radios. However, it’s only for those who are able to get connected to the speaker or the guest in the talk show. Also, very less time would be allotted for asking the questions and getting them clarified to ones satisfaction.

Although it might be a difficult task to find free lawyers practicing family law, the other option is to file the papers without the assistance of a lawyer. This way both the parties can represent themselves in the court all by themselves without an attorney assisting them. This would ensure no money goes to the lawyer and is practically a free divorce except for the forms that are available online on the Internet at nominal prices presently.

It is, however, suggested to get the initial paperwork reviewed by an experienced lawyer would be a good choice before filing the papers. This would ensure that all the requisite documents are being provided and getting a separation is only a matter of time even with individual representation in the court without the assistance of a lawyer. The list of documents to be submitted is available on the Internet on websites that help with Pro Se divorces and are relatively easy to locate.


24 Responses to “Free Divorce Lawyers”
  1. Jami Iott says:

    My husband has filed for a divorce and he thinks if he has 50/50 he wont have to pay Child Support.
    Then we have lived in are house for 12 yrs and I put the $4,000.00 down on the house but we had such bad credit she has to get the loan for us but my question am i intitled to have of the equity to that house? I need help..

  2. janice power says:

    what does one do when you are disabled, your husabnd is an alcoholic and he is unemployed? I bought a condo in Mass in 1998, I got married in 2004 and put my husbands name on my condo, sold that and bought a home in 2009 in Flordia where I moved because the warmer climate is better for my disability, I worked full time and became disabled from surgery, I did not go after the Doctor, I bought this home here with the sale of the condo, I had money wired down right after the signing, now this has been going on for a very long time, he makes promises and now I just can not take it anymore someone (me) is going to get very hurt because of the drinking, what do I do? I have struggled to stay humble thru this awful disability and my spirit is being broken, can I get help? I do not know anyone here in Apollo Beach Flordia…Kindly, Janice

  3. joan l says:

    I have been trying to get divorced for 6 years now and my ex is finding every obstacle to prolong this process, house, custody, business etc. He contacted legal aid first. Now I am not entitile to any legal aid regarding anything at all. Not only the divorce, but I had another minor issue and they would not speak to me at all. Any advise ? I ran out of money on attorneys and I have a big custody hearing coming up.

  4. Erika says:

    I have been seperated from my husband for 3yrs. He has found tons of reasons to postpone our divorce and the newest one was that the judge wont sign the papers unless he has full custody of our kids. Is this true?? I also have been told that I have to find a lwayer in Missouri (that is where he filed) to help me but I live in South Dakota. I need to know if that is true because I cant afford a lwayer let alone find one in Missuori. He cheated and got my friend pregnant, there is no fixin this. I jus want it over so I can move on with my life.

  5. Laura says:

    I want a divorce but do not want to pay alot really do not have the money what can i do.

  6. nicole says:

    i am currently going through a divorce and my husband is trying to get sole costody of our daughter yet i am the primary care giver of our daughter she is currently in my costody and has been sicne day one i am currently unemployed and five months pregnant with complications where can i go for help

  7. Michael Azzopardi says:

    I am a divorced man of 10 years. At the time it was uncontested, I never even had an attorney. My ex-wife is always giving me a hard time about visiting with my son, it has me at a breaking point. I pay child support etc. Please, please let me know what steps I need to take to have documented visitation rights with my son.

  8. zaira says:

    I need a divource attorney to handle my divource settlement urgently

  9. Rina says:

    I need to find a lawyer that can help me with my divorce case. We have been married for 6 months. In April we seperated. I dont have a lot of money or time to leave work to file for divorce. It took me hours and hours of my time to start the paperwork for my restraining order against my ex husband. I tried to have him served with papers but he has been elusive. I need to start the process over again and dont have a lot of time to leave work or i will lose my job. I have to work on the restraining order again and divorce case. I dont know what to do.

  10. im married to a man who is disabled he gets ssi and im wanting to file for divorce because im not happy with him anymore we do have a child in this marriage we have been married for 4 yrs now and i dont have alot of money to spend on the divorce i myself am trying to find a job i only bring in less then 300.00 a month im on cash assitance through the food stamp program and i dont need to stay with him any longer for the sake of the child my husband has issues i need some help

  11. tina says:

    i am a single mother of 2 boys who lives on state assistance he has filed for divorce can i find a lawyer that he will have to pay my boys have lived with me for 2 and a half years. he has paid nothing and not taken them on a regular basis and he has a very good paying job

  12. Theresa says:

    my husban moved out the 9th of Dec and only been married for 2 years we got this house and payed 7,000.00 for it my name is the only name on the deed he want’s 10,000.00 what can i do i only have SSD income please help

  13. Leah says:

    My boyfriend keeps telling me he going to get a divorce but cant afford it can I get info on free fast divorce forms ,cases ,n lawyer/attourneys ……

  14. Matt Sabb says:

    This is right choice for me and my son,however I really can’t afford an attorney,what should I do,my phone # is 484-241-1970,this is the best way too get a hold of me.

  15. Cheryl Cox says:

    I want a divorce because I feel that mylife is in danger .I dont get no emovional support by my huband ,hard to trust him because he just started lying to me .No health insource ! I’ve been a house wife 12 years no job and 3 children involoved .Rejects to give me money to see a Doctor about my health or health insource .

  16. rosa boase says:

    My question is I just want the car since he has a pickup. He threatens me that he will take it away. What can I do?

  17. stacy henderson says:

    i have been married to this man for 22 yrs. mind you that i am only 39 yrs old, i have devoted half of my life to the same man who i married right out of high school. now he has became an alcoholic and is to the point now of threatnening to hit me because i say things that make him mad during argumnents, only one time has he actually physically put jis hands on me, and in return i did indead put my hands on himm, i slapped him but this was after he had already flipped me clear across the room and over a bed. I am officially tired of the mental abuse and afraid that it is going to turn to severe physical abuse. i do have 1 biological child with this man but thank god she is an adult now, she is 20 yrs old and does reside with me in my home, the both of us actually live in the house that was my mothers before she passed away in july of ’09’,now my step-father by marriage does own the home that we live in and i did leave my husband for 2yrs. because of the alcohol and the menntal abuse, but soon after i did take him back and allowed him to move into the home where my daughgter and i reside about a year ago, unfortunately. i have sever regrets now that i have made this mistake and i now am in desperate need to file for divorce as cheap as possible. i am unable to work due to my health, i have lupus and i also suffer from severe anxiety and in the passed 2 yrs. i have been suffering from seizures after i had a stroke on christmas day in 2010. i need help. i would be very blessed for any and all the help and assistance that i could possibly recieve to get out of this relationship/marriage thanks and god bless stacy henderson

  18. brian says:

    wife is main breadwinner, I’m out on disability; in 10 years I’ve had a heart attack, a bypass and 5 steints. married for 23 years, she’s taken the money she makes and keeping it seperate from house money (mine) and has has two affairs. One 16 yr old son. Please advise.

  19. donnie says:

    I want a divorce but not alot of money after bills and food what can I do .some one told me that this state has a divorce thing that all you pay if filing papers and Court costs. Could that be right idk.

  20. Ive been married for 17 years now. For 13 years now Ive been unhappy, physically and mentally abused. I have three children, my oldest, 23yrs old gets verbally abused and mentally abused as well. Hes very depressed as I am. My two other childern live in fear, walking on egg shells as we all do. Husband and I have not shared a bed since 2006. My children see this strange marriage. Ive called the cops many times. I dont do it anymore because of embarrassment. Lately hes been calling the cops on me. Three times already. Just because we were arguing. I feel like he is getting together reports and negative info on me to have something backing him up when we do divorce. He does not want to leave our home which is under both names, he prefers me to leave with three kids. I had a 24 year old career and because of his abuse I was fired. Now I am under his mercy, kept home as a slave. obligated to keep shut and keep suffering. Many times Ive been to therapy, all they say is that I should do something about it. WOW easier said than done. I am now a full time student working on a new career. Very hard when youre constantly being put down, insulted. Many times Ive worked on leaving when I had a job. Now I have nothing. I am a coward. I am suffering, I am slowly dying. I need a good attorney. I want him out of here. I want to be able to sleep in a real bed, in peace, without fear.

  21. Been separated from my husband for 3 months

  22. Willie e says:

    I’ve been married five years and now it seems like my wife is no longer interested in being a wife we spend little time together,I’m disabled and no longer working,we have no children or property to divide I feel nothing from her.i haven’t alot of money what should I do can you help me

  23. Anne Layer says:

    I have been merried for 2 and 3 husband moved to mi.I am the bread winner.I am disabled plz help

  24. Robert Irminger says:

    I need a fast and compromised divorce with 50/50 child custody no child support

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...