Monday, October 14, 2019

Getting American Citizenship

February 27, 2010  

Immigrating into the United States is not as easy as it used to be. As short as ten years ago it was simple to cross the border and get citizenship in the US by filling out citizenship forms. Immigration laws have really gotten a lot stricter. The procedure for an immigrant to become a citizen of the US is difficult and is frequently necessary to hire an American immigration lawyer to guide you. Not only will this assist you to be allowed to come into the United States without too much difficulty, it will also help in the effort to avoid any pitfalls that might slow down the process along as you are applying for citizenship.

One of the easiest ways of obtaining citizenship in the United States is to marry a citizen of it. This doesn’t ensure, however, that you are going to gain citizenship in the United States without difficulty. However, it does say, that if you wed this person for a reason other than becoming an American citizen, you will be given a chance to apply for citizenship. With that a large amount of forms will be provided that you will need to fill out either as their fianc, before you are married or as the spouse after marriage.

Some of the regulations that are necessary in order to become a citizen of the United States will be covered by your attorney for you. This is a great help for those who are not educated in the English language or cannot speak it as a native tongue as a few of the regulations can get quite lengthy and be very wordy. They will help you ensure that you understand and can comply with immigration laws and that you have all of the forms filled out properly and sent to the right places. This will make it easier, and assure you that you are able to go through the process as smoothly as possible.

If you initially met your fianc away from the States, and you want to come to the States for the purpose of marriage there are certain forms that you must to fill out. Your attorney will help you through filling out these forms and the regulations that shows if your marriage will be accepted by the US for citizenship or not. Some reasons for why you might not be accepted might be because you had been acquainted with your fianc for too short a time, you did not wed within three months of entering America in which case it would be illegal for the marriage to occur according to established laws in either the United States or their country.

If you wish for this process to go as smoothly as possible, then hiring a good immigration attorney can benefit you in a lot of ways. In addition to knowing the ins and outs of immigration and gaining citizenship in the US they have completed the forms that need filled out many times. If these forms are filled out properly and sent to the right people then they will easily go through the immigration process. If you opt to fill them out all by yourself and they are filled out incorrectly you will have delays upon delays in getting into the country.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...