Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Process Of Dissolution In Ohio

March 12, 2010  

if you and your spouse agree that you want a divorce and can come to an agreement on every thing without the use of mediation, then a dissolution in Ohio may be an answer for you. You get all the legal benefits of a divorce without the hassle of a trial. It avoids confrontations and can be a friendly way to end the marriage.

You need to have been a resident for at least 6 months in Ohio prior to the filing of the paperwork. One of you must be a resident, although the other is not required, they will need to appear before the judge in order for a dissolution to be granted.

This is a quicker and often cheaper way to stop being legally married. You will know exactly how the outcome will be, m since the judge will follow along with the agreement you came up with. There will be no surprises, and can make a troubling time less stressful on you as well.

Before you can file, you do need to have a separation agreement drawn up and agreed upon. This lists all the personal property and debts and who will get what. It also shows who will have physical custody of the children, amount of support and visitation. Spousal support is also included in this agreement, even if you are not going to have it. All issues must be resolved in this agreement.

The petition will need to be filed, and the agreement is included as a part of this paperwork. It must be signed by both of you, and it is important that it is filed properly to avoid delays or a denial.

After the filing, you will have to wait for a hearing set 30 to 90 days later and both of you will need to appear before the judge. This is because he will verify that the agreement is acceptable to both parties and to clear up any questions they may have. The separation agreement is included as the final decree, and the terms are usually the agreement you have come to.

Dissolution in Ohio is an easy way to avoid the long drawn out court trail of a divorce. It will be very good if you and your spouse can agree on all the property division and other issues. If you have any questions, you need to speak to a lawyer to answer the questions and assist you in properly filing the paper work.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...